Pappa al pomodoro - Chef PaoloTizzanini Restaurant L'Acquolina Terranuova Bracciolini
- Red onion of Certaldo
- Broadleaf basil of Montevarchi
- Costoluti ribbed tomatoes,
- Chilli pepper, salt, pepper,
- Tuscany extra virgin olive oil IGP
- Terranuova stale bread which has been baked in a wood-burning oven
- Meat broth.
In an earthenware pot with oil, fry the finely chopped onion, garlic, and a pinch of chilli pepper. When the onion is golden, add the tomatoes, basil and two ladles of broth ,salt and pepper and boil for about half an hour. Cut the bread into thick slices one centimetre thick. Add the bread to the broth along with other basil leaves and boil for another five minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let it rest for half an hour. Whisk the soup to break all the bread. Serve with a sprinkle of raw Tuscan extra virgin olive oil IGP and a basil leaf.